The course can be tailored to meet the needs of all groups.
To educate parents on the biological, psychological and social impacts of substance misuse.
- Description and identification of substances
- The effects of substance misuse
- The effects on individuals and their family members of
- prescription medication
- and other substances
- Signs that someone may be misusing substances
- Services available for those affected by drugs and alcohol
- An understanding around specific classifications of substances
- Knowledge of the social, biological and psychological effects of substance misuse on the individual and the family
- Parents and family will understand signs indicating substance misuse
- Parents and family will have knowledge of appropriate frontline services available to those involved in substance misuse including those for minors
- On completion of the course all participants will receive an information pack
- Community & voluntary groups € 50 per participant
- FÁS project participants, statutory sector € 60 per participant
Group rates are available on request.