This training is ideal for professionals and community groups. The following is intended as a guideline and will be modified to suit the needs of participants.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge to respond in a culturally appropiate way to members of the Traveller community who are experiencing domestic violence.
- Introduction to the Traveller community
- Definitions of domestic violence
- Current legislation
- Impacts of domestic violence on women and children
- Barriers to Traveller women leaving domestic violence situations
- Dealing with disclosures of domestic violence
- Best practice for organisations working with Travellers
- Crisis intervention and safety plans
- Skills to work effectively with members of the Traveller community who are experiencing domestic violence
- Understanding of domestic violence
- Knowledge of social issues effecting the Traveller community in contemporary Ireland
- On completion of the course all participants will receive an information pack
3 days, however, it can be modified to suit participants in terms of content and time.
- Community & voluntary groups € 200 per participant
- FÁS project participants, statutory sector € 220 per participant
Group rates are available on request.
Exchange House Domestic Violence Reports.