This training is ideal for individuals, institutions and organisations that work with, or provide services to members of the Traveller community.
To provide participants with the skills and knowledge to respond in a culturally appropriate way to members of the Traveller community who are involved in substance misuse.
- Introduction to Traveller community
- Social exclusion within the Traveller community
- Travellers and addiction
- Impacts of substance misuse on the Traveller community
- Barriers that prevent Travellers from accessing servces
- Best practice for working with Travellers with addiction
- Knowledge of Traveller Culture
- Participants will have a better understanding of social Exclusion and its impact on substance misuse within the Traveller Community
- Information on the prevalence of substance misuse within the Traveller community
- Skills to work effectively with members of the Traveller community who are engaging in substance misuse
- On completion of the course all participants will receive an information pack
A full-day or 2 half-days
- Community & voluntary groups € 70 per participant
- Community Employment project participants, statutory sector € 80 per participant
Group rates are available on request.