The Domestic Violence Programme involves ensuring the safety of Traveller women and their children affected by domestic violence. The service and approach to the issues of domestic violence is client led and based on best practice.
- Individual counselling
- Crisis intervention
- Linking women with refuges
- Support in accessing private rented accommodation
- Referring to and linking into appropriate services
- Devising safety plans
- Court accompaniment
- Linking women with the legal system
- Group work
- Domestic Violence Support Clinic runs every Tuesday at Rathmines Women’s Refuge. This is facilitated by a Social Worker and a Family Support Worker.